BSP Capital Limited (BCAP), formally Capital Stockbrokers, was acquired by the Bank of South Pacific (BSP) in 2005, and since then has grown to be the capital advisory and funds management business in Papua New Guinea, accounting for approximately K7.2 billion in funds under management. BCAP sold its interest in the PNG National Exchange in 2018. The decision was in line with the requirements of the PNG Capital Market's Act, 2015.
BCAP also divested its stockbroking business to JMP Securities to focus on its capital advisory and funds management business following a strategic review of the business in 2018.
BCAP is a wholly owned subsidiary of BSP, the largest publicly listed bank in the South Pacific Region. It has assisted clients with a number of capital raisings, and investment advice including the PNG Government.
BCAP is also a licensed Investment Manager, currently managing the investments of a diverse range of clients, including some of the largest Superannuation Funds, Savings & Loan Societies and Landowner Groups in PNG.
BSP Capital offers a comprehensive suite of products and services including:
- Trade Execution
- Investment Advice
- Institutional grade research: in-depth market research on a wide range of companies listed on the local and international stock exchanges. BCAP is the only organisation producing research on PNG-listed companies, for institutions and general public, and currently has in excess of 4,000 subscribers.
- Domestic and International Shares
- Asset Allocation and Risk Management
- Customized Portfolio Construction and Management
- Investment Management, including the administration of client investments in Treasury Bills, Government Inscribed Stocks (Bonds), Property, Shares and Term Deposits.
To become the premier financial services institution in the South Pacific region by providing service of the highest order in capital advisory and funds management.
BSP Capital aims to;
- build the most cost-competitive capital and investment advisory service in South Pacific;
- offer value to clients for all products delivered;
- maintain a culture of totally professional client service at all levels of the organisation;
- be the industry leader at all times;
- offer a degree of technological expertise and support indicative of a major industry player;
- focus on offering straight-forward investment products, rather than those involving higher risks, which may not be readily apparent to a private investor.